Thursday, October 28, 2010

Watch the stars - they're ours

I am such a slacker! Things have been so wonderfully crazy that I've forgotten all about my blog! Oopsie.

Know what's one of my favorite things ever? Conversations that make you think. Honestly, I absolutely despise small talk. I don't know what it is. But I love talking to people, and small talk just doesn't offer any opportunities to know someone. Not really. I mean, yeah, you can find out someone's favorite color or whether or not they hate snow, but small talk is often forced. I love it when a conversation progresses naturally to something deeper. That, my friends, is a connection that is hard to break.

I have been on such a spiritual high lately. Institute is just awesome. I mean, awesome. We're learning about Church history and the Doctorine and Covenants. I LOVE THE D&C. They're probably my most favorite scripture. I mean, how awesome is it that the Lord still reveals things to his Prophets today? Yes, the scriptures we have are, essentially, a playbook for this life, but there is still so much more that we need! We are so blessed to have such a merciful God.

I saw on the news this morning that there were a total of 32 tornadoes that touched down yesterday. WOW. That is the most we've had in recorded history! The Second Coming has been foretold for over a thousand years, and, as of late, the signs and wonders are everywhere signaling its time. Nations are falling. Wars are constant. Pestilence. Famine. Draught. Poverty. Natural disasters. All these things are occurring daily. Honestly, I used to be quite frightened of the Second Coming. The scriptures made it sound like such a horrific event. But then I realized that once the Savior comes, it will only be horrific to those who aren't worthy. If I live my life in a wholesome manner and abide by my Temple Covenants, I have nothing to fear. How wonderful that Day will be! I hope I am alive to see it. "I will reveal myself from heaven with power and great glory ... and dwell in righteousness with men on earth a thousand years, and the wicked shall not stand." (D&C 29:11)

What a beautiful promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!