Monday, October 11, 2010

This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption

It's hard to keep your spirits up when you feel the clammy hand of death on your shoulder. Well, maybe it wasn't that extreme, but I was pretty miserable today. As much as I love the fall, I always get sicker than sin. Every. Year.

I've decided to take advantage of my "at home" time and brush up on my instruments. Today, I sat down at the piano and sight read an entire song. That is huge for me, considering I can't read bass clef. I was so stoked, I played it five times in a row. Needless to say, my brother was not happy with me.

I've also been teaching myself guitar. I started this summer, and learned two songs in a week. Then, school started and life got in the way. My guitar stood abandoned in a corner. Today, I picked it up again, heavily dusted it, and strummed an outrageously flat chord. Looks like it's time to invest in a tuner. :)

1 Timothy 4:14 says, "Neglect not the gift that is in thee..." How true that is! The Lord has blessed every one of us with unmeasurable gifts and talents. Why, then, would we not nourish them? If used properly, said talents can be another way to testify of our Savior. They can be used to edify and enrich our lives. No one is denying us of that opportunity but ourselves.

"Words only you can say. Prayers only you can pray. Strength you were meant to give. And you were meant to lift. You don't know the difference you make, but you can change the world." ("Give the Gift" by Jenny Jordan Frogley - EFY 2006)

That song quoted above has touched my life in so many ways, especially those words. We don't know the difference we make. We don't see the big picture. We are all simply instruments in His plan.

"And at all times, and in all places, [we] shall open [our] mouths and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto [you] strength such as is not known among men."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!