Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just one voice

I had the opportunity to help a friend today through scriptural reference and my own Gospel knowledge. It was a really good feeling knowing that I was being a mouthpiece for the Lord in helping this person know what He would have him know.

The words flowed out of me so easily and so fast that I didn't even know what I was saying until I re-read my message. I was amazed at the small amount of effort I needed to put into such a task. If you do your part, the Lord will accomplish the rest.

I have done well in keeping my spirits up this week, and passing my sunshine onto others. I watch as a simple smile turns into an act of service, a kind word, or a tender embrace. I don't know what troubles are burdening these people, but sometimes a smile is all it takes. Thinking about it just blows my mind. How many people could I have helped in years past and chose not to? How much effort is involved in a smile? How absorbed had I been in my own problems not to realize a silent cry for help?

Life is fragile, but often reparable. "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:35-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!