Monday, October 4, 2010

In our eyes they'll see the Light...

It's funny how much your life can change over a year - how different your friends are, how different you are. This time last year, I was living in California, married, 20 pounds heavier, and hadn't even met the people I consider my best friends today. Most importantly, this time last year, I was unhappy. I didn't see the world like I do now. I didn't see the beauty in the things and people around me. I didn't see the beauty in myself.

Cliche? Yes. True? Definitely. Overlooked? Almost always. Real beauty comes from within. Real beauty comes from the light in your eyes. Real beauty is in your smile, your laugh and your love. It's a shame that something tragic often has to happen for people to realize this. It's a shame that there are people on this earth that truly believe that they are ugly. It's a shame that people let unhappiness consume them.

One thing that I have learned in my short life is that there is always a choice. Things happen. Good things. Bad things. That is inevitable. What is beautiful about it is that no matter what happens, we can always make the choice of how to react to it. That is power!

Love, love, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!