Saturday, October 9, 2010

We all struggle with forward motion

I apologize for missing yesterday, though I'm not sure if this blog is being read. If not, then I apologize merely for my own peace of mind.

Yesterday I struggled with keeping my optimism up. The trials were fierce, and depressing and often frustrating forces won many battles over me. Luckily, the war isn't over. The only relief I felt was when I was finally able to collapse into the arms of those with similar values. I love my group of friends.

Today was leagues beyond yesterday, and tomorrow will be better still. I had the opportunity to clean the Chapel today, and I created an even better opportunity and cleaned most of it by myself. I was able to walk the halls in solitude, pondering the various questions in my heart and feel the Spirit that place holds. Some questions were answered, while some require more effort.

I have noticed lately that I genuinely like who I am. Well, no. I like who I'm becoming. There are still parts of me that require work, obviously. There always will be. But when I take a good look at myself, I don't hate what I see. I often discover the good points first before noticing the parts that are less desirable. I have come to know that my life has tremendous potential because of the trials I have had in my earlier years, and the trials I have yet to face. Though I in nowise compare myself to him, I can relate to the Prophet Joseph Smith when he said, "It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his Kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?" (Joseph Smith History 1:20) 


Unfortunately, life is indeed a battlefield. I know where I stand. Do you?

3 comments:

  1. I know I'm still struggling to stand. but that Joseph Smith History quote you put really made me think, well all parts of it but especially "..else why should the powers of darkness combine against me?".
    Made me think.

    I enjoy your blog Michelle:)

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, why did I not know about this blog before? YOU should never find yourself looking in the mirror and not liking what you see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for reading. :)

    Melissa - You are stronger than you think! Are we still on for this Thursday? We can talk then. :)

    Zach - I'm not sure why you didn't know about this blog. I've been posting links all over Facebook. :) And thank you, you're sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!