Thursday, February 9, 2012

House Hunting

First of all, I did a major overhaul on this blog.
It took me forever.
I'm not too familiar with html coding, so I'm super proud of myself 
for it turning out so hot.


Now that I'm done tooting my own horn...


How many of you have moved?
Like, by yourself.
YOU are in charge of where you go.
YOU are in charge of finding the place
and paying the rent.

It sucks.


Nick and I are planning a major jump to The Cities in the beginning of April.
We're excited.
And terrified.
I mean, we've never done this before.
We don't know who is a total sleaze.
We don't know which apartments actually stay warm.
We want to find a good home for our baby when he/she comes in July.

But, no pressure.

Right. 

My patience is wearing thin with people who purposefully leave out "minor" details from the listing.
Or landlords who insist that you submit a credit check prior to the release of information.
WhatEVER.

Where are the honest people?
WHY has that become too much to ask of people?


Them: "Trust me."
Me: "But, I don't know you."
Them: "Sorry, dollface. Thems da rules. Take it or leave it."


After talking to some of these people, I feel like I need to shower.
Bleck.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I'm on my 4th apartment here, only 3 of which I had to find by myself. Do you know where in the cities you want to live? Do you want a house or an apartment? If you want to come up sometime and house hunt and you need a place to crash/a house hunting buddy I'm here for you.

    p.s. This is Jessica Frazier, my name on here is Minneapolis, as a joke to another blog I follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha. Oh man, I'm glad you clarified who you were. I was thinking to myself how creepy this comment was until I got to that part. :)

      Delete

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!