Saturday, November 27, 2010

Anarchy rules, jumbo shrimp, and other oxymorons...

Time can be so vicious. Time can separate friendships, creating a wedge between them until, suddenly, it's too late.

Is there a way to slow things down or maybe even rewind?

It's times like these when I wonder what genius said, "Only time will tell." NO. That is a stupid saying. Why would you postpone asking a question when there is a chance that time's ugliness will never let you unravel the answer? I understand the importance of thinking long-term in some cases. But, life is better lived today. 


"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. But, today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

It's so very discouraging to not see a glimpse of happiness while trudging through some of life's bitterness. The Lord has a Plan for each of us. I know that. There are just times when I look around and can't see the significance of disappointment after disappointment. Those are the times when I think to myself, "I see no blessings in this. This just sucks." It's times like that when I need to realize that I apparently needed to be humbled. A lot.

Moral of the story: Live life now. Grab onto it with both hands and never let go. Happiness is often found amidst all the junk life dishes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!