Monday, November 8, 2010

There is more

I feel like my posts are so very redundant. But, seriously, life is SO. AWESOME.

I am so incredibly grateful for so many things. Honestly, there's not enough time in the world for me to list them all. But there is one that I will elaborate on - my divorce.

I recently had this conversation with a friend of mine, but it was important enough that I feel the need to share it with my readers.

Despite the fact that a divorce is a horrible thing to go through, and it broke me completely, I don't regret the choices I made leading up to my marriage or the marriage itself. If I could go back and do it over, knowing what I know, I would still marry him. That experience allowed me to see deeper into myself. It allowed me to change and mold myself into someone I could be happy with if I were to never marry again. Now, for the first time in my life, I can honestly say that I like who I am, and the direction that I'm going.

Because I chose to look forward instead of back, I was able to see a bigger picture for myself. I was able to see who I could be, and who I never wanted to become.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow - a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!