Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Know that my Redeemer Lives

It's sad to come to the realization that you take your life for granted. It seems that a serious trial has to happen for me to truly appreciate what I have in my life. One of the main things that I have learned this year: Life is too short to be a series of apologies.

Today was fasting testimony meeting, and a lot of great ones were shared. Why didn't I share mine? I just sat there, knowing exactly what I could say, but saying nothing. Honestly, I felt like I needed to give someone else a chance who hadn't borne theirs in a while. While I love giving my testimony, I certainly don't want to take that chance away from someone else who feels like this Sunday will be The One. But, regardless, I can bare it here. So, listen up.

I have a testimony of the Restored Gospel. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I will declare it all of my life because it is true. The Church has saved my life in more ways than I can count, and for that, I have been made stronger.
The Book of Mormon is the Word of God. It is another Testament of His Son, Jesus Christ. It teaches truth, love, and instruction for how to improve ourselves, and how to return to His presence. He did not send us here to fail.
There is a Prophet on the earth today. He is the Lord's mouthpiece, and helps each of us to be instruments in the Lord's hands. Revelations are still very much a part of our lives. I know that Joseph Smith, through revelation, restored the Gospel in its fullness. I love that man with more strength than I knew I could possess.
I know that God lives. I know that He loves us. He knows each of us by our innermost desires and thoughts. We are His children. I know that, through the Plan of Happiness we can become exalted even as He is. He is my Savior. He is my source of happiness. He is my life. 

I know who I am. He knows who I can become. What greater joy can we have than to achieve His will?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!