Tuesday, November 2, 2010

...rely on this Redeemer

"All the water in the world (no matter how it tries) can never sink the smallest ship unless it gets inside. All the evil in the world (the darkest kind of sin) can never hurt me in the least unless I let it in."

 It's always hard to come down from a spiritual high. Yesterday and today were especially rough on me, and were pretty emotionally draining.

Life and the spirit that we keep is so incredibly fragile. I have learned the hard way that without a testimony of our Savior and the love He has for us, that spirit can be crushed again and again with very little effort on the adversary's part. That testimony is like a little force field of hope around what would otherwise be a very depressing life.

“In the search for our best selves, several questions will guide our thinking: Am I what I want to be? Am I closer to the Savior today than I was yesterday? Will I be closer yet tomorrow? Do I have the courage to change for the better?
“The years have come and the years have gone, but the need for a testimony of the gospel continues paramount. As we move toward the future, we must not neglect the lessons of the past.” (President Thomas S. Monson)

 I know the healing power of the Savior's embrace. I have felt His love for me and have allowed Him to use me as an instrument in His hands so that others may know of His love as well. He is real. He lives. He is my Light and my Hope. I will serve Him until eternity passes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!