Monday, January 23, 2012

Gratitude plus Anxiety

It's kinda really late.
Well, late for me, anyway.
Nick is still working and I can't fall asleep when he's not here.
I blame my mother for that.

I remember countless nights in high school (and even some in college) where my curfew would be significantly earlier than my friend's because my mom simply can't go to bed without everyone in the house who is supposed to be there. It used to infuriate me. 

"Mom! WHY can't you just go to bed anyway?"

She would just sigh and tell me that she worries. 
The end.
No more discussion.
Be home at 10.

Now I understand, though.
I understand what it's like to worry your brains out while someone you desperately love is out doing who-knows-what at this ridiculous hour of the night. 
I understand the tossing and turning when you just can't keep your eyes open any longer, but sleep still eludes you.

I understand.
Thanks, mom.

On a different note, I worked out today! 
Kind of.
Okay, so it wasn't very intense. But it isn't supposed to be when you're pregnant. Right?
Sure.
I still broke a sweat, though.
And I downed, like, three glasses of water.
In half an hour.
Then I stretched for 10 minutes.
And watched a movie.

Okay, so it's not perfect. But at least it's a start. I have seriously hated not having ANY energy whatsoever, and I relished the feeling of sweating today. 

Hopefully I can do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting! I just love reading your input. Don't forget to post a link to your blog so that I can visit you, too!